As the weather changes over time, it is ideal to protect a caravan at all times. Do not leave the vehicle under the sun as it has a great impact on its exterior because of the strong UV rays. Thus, buying a cover that can withstand harsh conditions is essential. It also helps to extend the life of the caravan for more outdoor trips.
The article walks you through various tips on how to protect your caravan from the elements.
The Damaging Effects of UV Rays to Your Caravan
Exposing your caravan to sunlight for a long time is never a good idea. However, some owners still neglect to protect their vehicles.
So here are the effects of UV rays to your caravan:
- Your caravan’s paint may easily fade away or crack over time.
- It will prolong the cleaning process due to dried droppings.
- Harsh temperature can cause severe damage on the caravan’s seals.
- It also results in too much heat that could affect the overall engine performance.
The list goes on according to the experiences of caravan owners. Despite everything, there are plenty of methods to make caravans look good for years, including:
Purchase High Quality Caravan Wax
This kind of wax is intended for caravans to look shinier when hit by the sun.Moreover, the wax protects your caravan against extreme UV light preventing the paint from fading away.
With all the wax available in the market, make sure to choose the right product. It should be labelled as sun protection for RVs to make things clear.
Cover Up Caravan Windows
UV rays can also penetrate the caravan’s interiors, such as the upholstery. Exposing cushions to sunlight can affect their overall quality. They deteriorate over time by which cushion replacement is known to be expensive.
Tinted windows can help reduce the damage on upholstery because of UV rays. You may also opt for blackout curtains just to put a shade to your caravan.
When the caravan is fully covered, it would affect the temperature inside. Hence, proper insulation is necessary to sustain cool indoor air quality and avoid suffocation among the passengers.
Cover the Tires as well
Sunlight does not only affect the upper parts of the caravan but even its tires. It degrades the quality of the tires and might damage its rubber properties. Buying new tires would cost a lot thus a tire covering is a less expensive solution. This protects the tires from harmful UV rays when the caravan is being stored for a long time.
Park the Caravan in Right Places
It is safe to say that not everyone has a parking space for a caravan. That being said, there is still no valid reason to leave the vehicle under sunlight.
Your remedy would be to look for a shade where you can park the caravan. It could be a tree or a building, but make sure it is durable.
Another possible solution is to build a small space for your caravan. It depends on the size of the vehicle that mostly won’t take up so much space. Ask for help to better customize the parking area to keep your caravan from UV rays and other harsh elements.
Buy a Caravan Cover
Last but not least is to purchase a caravan cover. It is a long-lasting investment that works for all weather, other than summer. High quality covers do not only guarantee UV protection but are also wind-resistant.
Consider the following when buying your caravan a cover:
- Materials Used: These covers come with all sorts of materials to safeguard your caravan. Find an item made of a tough and weatherproof material that is ideal for caravans.
- Size: Like a pair of shoes, caravan covers are also available in different sizes. Measure your vehicle to know the correct size of covering you are going to buy. It would be challenging however the overall life of your vehicle depends on it.
- Price: Choose a caravan cover that is affordable and yet offers an excellent shade for your vehicle. Nonetheless, the overall quality of the cover does not solely depend on the price but on how it was made.
- Brand: Look for reputable brands when buying a cover for your caravan. They might be pricier but can promise longer use than ordinary products.
Where to buy quality caravan covers?
To shop for your caravan covers today, choose stores offering quality made options. Know the materials used in making the covers to ensure you are getting the best possible service. Like what is mentioned earlier, measure your vehicle to better select cover sizes that suit your needs.
Use the caravan covers whenever you store the vehicle as sunlight would still be in effect to its exterior and interior parts. Plus, do not forget to cover up the tires for overall protection.
To sum it all up, caravan covers play a significant role when it comes to UV rays protection. It differs from a typical vehicle cover with special features to offer, like keeping the inside of the car cool and comfy.
Since caravans come in different sizes, it is vital to measure the vehicle before deciding to buy a specific cover.
Indeed, completing your caravan’s accessories shall include a covering to extend its useful life. Contact a reliable seller to find out more caravan covers for your needs .