A decade in the past,the concept of consulting a health care provider by means of video conferencing would, definitely, be met with a whole lot of skepticism and raised eyebrows – not as a result of the expertise is just too forward of its time however due to our innate choice for human connection and the continuity of care that it offers. It was virtually a conditioned response: if somebody will get sick, they go to a health care provider. Easy and no questions requested.
Quick ahead to 2017 when the healthcare system in Singapore went by means of a paradigm shift and began to pilot video consultations and telemedicine. There have been six public well being establishments that applied the system and between 2017 and the beginning of 2020, only one,947 sufferers utilized the service. By January 2021, the variety of sufferers had reached 36,000 – a staggering rise that’s attributed to the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown and restrictions. As extra folks hop on the developments, the adoption price of medical cellular apps like Speedoc has elevated as effectively. One widespread query stays, although: what’s the price of teleconsult physician providers at Speedoc? Learn this text to study concerning the prices, advantages, and extra!
First issues first: what’s Speedoc?
Speedoc is a cellular utility that permits a affected person to request a health care provider to their location of selection. If you wish to simplify the idea, you may consider it as a trip service like Seize, however for docs! Whether or not it’s for your self or one other affected person, a health care provider might be requested by way of the app or by calling the Singapore or Klang Valley/Larger Kuala Lumpur affected person assist traces. Speedoc is out there 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, and that features public holidays.
Speedoc believes in offering prime quality care so all Speedoc docs are Singapore-licensed and registered with the Singapore Medical Council (SMC). Moreover, an intensive vetting and background course of verify is performed earlier than a health care provider is allowed to carry out home calls as a Speedoc physician.
Except for having the ability to schedule a health care provider or nurse’s house go to by means of the cellular app, Speedoc provides a wide range of choices together with hospital care at house, non-public ambulance reserving, pressing medical look after non-life-threatening situations (for instance, chest pains, fever, cough, sore throat, minor cuts, and so on.), persistent care, well being screening, COVID-19 swab checks and pre-event testing, and final however not the least, a telemedicine providers.
How does Speedoc’steleconsult possibility work?
When you’ve got a chilly or fever and would fairly keep at house than exit to see a health care provider, you may nonetheless have the signs checked and obtain correct prescription utilizing Speedoc’steleconsult possibility. Utilizing the app, a video session with a Singapore-licensed physician might be scheduled. Your signs can be assessed by a health care provider and if wanted, they will additionally fast-track specialist referrals and drugs refills in the course of the course of. No want to fret concerning the medical certificates, both! The net physician will decide if a web based MC is clinically relevant and put together it after the session.
And overlook about queueing for hours outdoors the physician’s workplace. The same old ready time for a web based physician session takes about quarter-hour. You may also use the Speedoc app to schedule a video session appointment at your accessible time.
How a lot does a teleconsult session price at Speedoc?
Most individuals are stunned by the truth that a teleconsult session at Speedoc is cheap. A 30-minute session begins from S$20 and if a affected person’s situation requires a same-day followup house go to by a health care provider, the teleconsult price can be waived.After the session, Speedoc additionally provides same-day drugs supply that is freed from cost.
What are the advantages of utilizing teleconsult providers?
In a nutshell, if you concentrate on the time, effort, and assets that you’ve got saved through the use of Speedoc, you’ll understand that the worth of the service is value excess of the quantity that you’re paying for.Speedoc ensures:
- Consolation and comfort: no extra drives or commutes to go to the physician’s workplace or clinic and no extra sitting anxiously on the ready room when you are sick – with Speedoc’s Teleconsult service, you may speak to a health care provider from the consolation of your individual mattress. For individuals who are busy, a digital session can be simpler to slot in the schedule, so there isn’t a have to take time without work from work or prepare for childcare.
- Easy accessibility to specialists: one of many many benefits of utilizing Speedoc is the choice to fast-track referral to specialist. Speedoc has its personal on-line community of trusted medical specialists so that you shouldn’t have to fret about discovering the suitable one.
- Additional safety in opposition to infectious illnesses: teleconsult periods defend each docs and sufferers from pointless publicity to flu, colds, COVID-19, and the likes. And aside from stopping the unfold of infectious illnesses, much less publicity to dangerous pathogens additionally safeguards sufferers who’re pregnant, aged, immunocompromised, or chronically sick.
- Decrease price: healthcare providers are typically costly – that could be a reality. Except an individual has glorious medical health insurance protection (or if common well being care is in place, which is, sadly, not all the time the case), the prices could trigger a dent within the pocket. One of many good issues about teleconsult is that it’s sometimes cheaper than an in-person go to. Much less out-of-pocket prices imply higher entry to high quality well being care.
- Help for persistent care sufferers: for sufferers residing with persistent situations, the time that it takes to get medical intervention could spell the distinction between life or loss of life. Via shut monitoring by a workforce of docs and nurses, Speedoc provides house administration for persistent illnesses like hypertension, diabetes, thyroid dysfunction, and excessive ldl cholesterol.
- Diminished anxiousness: allow us to admit it – not everyone seems to be a fan of visiting the physician’s workplace or clinic. And it isn’t nearly being concerned concerning the outcomes of the check-up or take a look at. Some folks get anxious by the considered being uncovered to germs or different folks (sick or not), and this prevents them from looking for correct care. Teleconsult periods assist ease that anxiousness by proving medical assist with out having to go away house.
For extra questions on teleconsult providers, you may go to the Speedoc web site, or you may as well obtain the app to see the way it works.
8 Kaki Bukit Ave 1, #04-06, Singapore 417941
+65 6909 7799